The Elevate Talent Initiative values the privacy of its community of participants, employees, past employees, volunteers, friends and sponsors as well as the privacy of its suppliers and service providers. A data ethics policy helps demonstrate transparency around how the data that is collected and used, and how Elevate is in compliance with the rules set forth by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
- Our goal of the program is to address racial and cultural inequities in employment and compensation within Canada’s technology and innovation sectors. Information that is collected will be used to measure the impact of program.
- By submitting an application and participating in the program you are consenting to the use and disclosure of personal information to be used for the specific purpose of this program.
- The personal data that we collect is only needed for the purpose of determining which candidates best meet the criteria of the program. This includes the following information but not limited to contact information such as name, address, gender, race, phone numbers, email addresses, language preferences, education and employment experience.
- Personal data is generally used for the purposes of managing our relationship with you, communicating with you and/or to provide you with information you may request from us. Elevate does not sell, rent or market your personal information including transfer personal information to third parties.
- When submitting personal data, it is requested that the information is accurate, complete, and as up-to-date as possible in order to properly satisfy the purposes for which it is to be used.
- All data is stored on Salesforce.com. Various trainings will be delivered via a learning management system developed by D2L Inc. As a result, some data will live on the D2L platform. Both Salesforce and D2L comply with Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”).
- You may request a copy of the personal data Elevate holds on you; this includes the right to data portability, i.e. the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used format which include a file format such as CSV, XML, or JSON.
- If you are affected by incorrect or incomplete personal data, you may request rectification or completion of any relevant data. To the extent allowed by applicable law, you may request the deletion of your personal data or a temporary restriction of processing in certain instances, in which case we may, however, no longer be in a position to provide any related services or perform our relationship with you.
- Unless otherwise set forth in this Policy or otherwise agreed with you, personal data is generally processed for as long as it is required to serve the purposes described above. It may be processed beyond the end of our relationship to establish, defend or exercise claims (during the applicable limitation period), meet legal or post-contractual obligations, including legal documentation requirements, and to safeguard other legitimate interests of Elevate.
- Elevate will never permit negative, hateful, inappropriate content suggestions through the program. Elevate does their absolute best to make sure content suggestions are not negative, hateful, or inappropriate. By participating in our program you approve our code of conduct which prevents you from using our platform for negative, hateful and inappropriate content.
You will always be able to contact us and raise any ethical questions you may have. This includes how Elevate complies with PIPEDA’s policies. You can address your concerns by reaching out and emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org